Monday, August 25, 2008

First Draft

Many folks will go off and do something rash after downing a fifth of Jack or a case of beer. I decided to start this blog after half a pint of Ben & Jerry's (Peanut Butter Cup, if you're keeping track), and several months of seeing how many of the better sellers do it on Etsy.com. I'd been indifferent to the whole weblog phenomenon for years, but many folks seem to manage a great deal of friendships here, and that can only help one's hobby, business, opinions, or deep thoughts get noticed. A little bit of exposure never hurt anyone (unless they were exploring the arctic), so I decided to come here and expose myself. Hello, my name is Jeffrey, and I hope you'll enjoy this.

So what's the point of me having a blog? Whysoever would anybody subject themselves to the muttered musings and random ramblings of somebody who bills himself as a poor woodsman?
Beyond the blatant commercial aspects of maintaining a blog for the purposes of driving folks to my storefront at http://smilemoon.etsy.com/, I also enjoy photography (which you'll see examples of in future posts), listen to copious amounts of electronic music (which I'll provide links to in future posts), create interesting and occasionally useful things through woodworking (which you'll find examples of at my Etsy storefront and in photos I post occasionally here as well), and I've heard it said that I have a sense of humor (which may or may not be in abundant evidence here).

You'll sometimes find links to other sellers on Etsy who've become e-friends of mine over the course of my tenure there, links to websites of interest to me and the two or three of you who share similar interests, and links to other blogs of particular interest for whatever reasons. Of course, I'm trying to leave things pretty wide open for myself so I won't find myself pigeon-holed a couple months into this, but we'll just see how it goes. For now, though, I bid you welcome to read my journal and enjoy what you find. Don't expect to discover the vaccine for Polio here (Jonas Salk already covered that) or the answer to life and everything (okay, it's 42), but if there's anything worth commenting on (besides my poor grasp on the rules against the use of dangling participles), feel free to do so!

Oh, and for the record, I would've eaten the entire pint of Ben & Jerry's, but I was starting to get that buzzing feeling I get in the back of my jaw, right behind my molars, that tells me, 'You've had enough, son. Step awaaaay from the ice cream.'

No comments: